I’m extremely embarrassed. It’s been 7 months since I posted on this site. I tell people threads & such is my baby, but what kind of parent neglects their child for seven months? I haven’t fed it, given it love, or even looked at it a lot. I just checked it every so often to make sure that nobody had hacked into my site.
Since April, I’ve risen, fallen, lost, gained, and much more. I’ve been really happy, and I’ve been really sad. Most importantly, I’ve worked hard. I’m wrapping up my senior year and just trying to graduate. I’ve worked so hard I didn’t give any attention to my passion.
What good is working hard if you’re not working towards your passion? A majority of my time goes towards working–I never delegated any time towards working on my site–an extension of me.
Some highlights from the past few months:
- I got an internship writing for a magazine (a dream),
- Direct deposit finally decided to show its face in my life once again.
- I saw Solange Piaget Knowles-Ferguson live and got a book signed by her.
- I applied for grad school.
- I further developed my purpose.
- I started journaling again.
- I bought some Miu Miu glasses.
As the year wraps up, I have a lot more to look forward to. I’m feeling pretty indifferent about how this year has gone, but I still have a chance to finish strong. Everything is in my hands. I’m hopeful, but at the same time reluctant–the same way I feel about pretty much everything.
I’ll be posting a few more times on here and actually speaking on important things (fashion, duh) so be on the lookout for that.